Installing this garbage disposal all by yourself might seem like a tough task, but it is not the case. You will hardly need 30 mins to 1 hour max to install it properly, provided you have the right tools with you.
Follow the step mentioned below, and you are all set to go.
Tools and Appliances Required To Install Garbage Disposal Unit
Even if you’ve done only a couple of home improvement projects, you must’ve realized that it is so indispensable to have the right apparatuses for the gig. Here are the essential apparatuses and materials you’ll require:
- Plumber’s Putty/ Silicon gel tube
- Flat-Head Screwdriver
- Channel Lock Pliers
- Putty Knife
Most makers supply a guidance sheet with a rundown of fundamental apparatuses. They ought to likewise incorporate the mounting section and equipment.
Also, you need to have a 5amp/15amp electrical plug point below your kitchen sink.
Step #1: Prepare for the Installation
Then you need to release the screws of the mounting to evenly assemble them. You really have to get down till the snap ring. Separate every one of the fittings and keep them on one side.
Step #2: Drain Flange Installation
- Remove your existing flange and its hose pipe.
- Clean the sink region around the channel opening with a cloth.
- Roll the plumber’s putty or silicon gel between your hands so as to form a rope with a diameter of ½ inches. And put it around the drain flange’s underside. There is a rubber gasket, which has to be put on the flange to avoid leakage.
- Embed the flange in the channel opening, and to give the establishment an expert look, ensure the lettering is straight when you are in accordance with the sink.
- You need to put weight on it and press it hard (You can involve your new waste disposal too). You will notice plumber’s putty leaking out, which is definitely good.
- Eliminate the excess amount of putty and clean it with the assistance of a cloth.
Prior to continuing, ensure that the flange is properly sealed and connected appropriately so that it will keep in place when you start to join mounting.
Step #3: Mounting Ring Installation
- In this step, we need to carry out the installation process of the fiber gasket first.
- Then move ahead with the support ring, tighten it by rotating it like screw and nut. This will tighten the flange and make sure it is fixed properly.
- Then insert the tightening ears by pushing them up.
- Fix the cushion mount and make sure it is fixed properly.
Step #4: Food Waste Disposer Mounting
- Raise the garbage disposal unit and connect it to the tightening ears.
- Consider setting up the disposer with a tough object while moving ahead to work.
- Ensure the removal outlet faces towards the connection of the drain pipe.
- Turn the lower ring clockwise until the assembly of the mounting upholds the kitchen waste disposal machine. Make sure the locking is done properly, as shown in the manual.
- Embed a screwdriver or removal wrench into the tightening ears.
- Until the disposal unit is properly locked in place, keep turning it clockwise.
Step #5: Outlet Connection to the P-Trap
- You need to measure the discharging tube and, if necessary, utilize a hacksaw, or you can use tubing cutters to slice out the pipe to an appropriate length. In fact, not all disposals are of a similar size.
- Join the discharging pipe, or P-trap, to the removal outlet with the pipe connectors just as instructed.
Step #6: Tightening-Up the Fasteners & Testing for the Leaks
- Tighten up all the fasteners at the mount and plumbing connections.
- Then you need to run the tap water into the sink.
- After that, turn on the disposal unit and check for spills.
- If needful, tighten up the fittings.
- Now plug the disposer into the electric socket and test.
With the help of a stopper, plug the sink. Then fill up the sink with about an inch of water and take a look at the flange and drain for any leakage.
Hurray! The installation of the food waste disposer is complete. You can check out this YouTube video of BinCrusher for a visual demonstration of the installation process.
Prior to beginning the installation process, consistently read each and every instruction in the user guide cautiously and don’t hustle. Utilize the tools as mentioned in the manual and, last however not the least, ensure all of the electric connections are turned off. Food waster disposer installation is a very easy procedure, especially when you adhere to all the steps mentioned above. Use the food waste disposal unit for disposing of the suggested kinds of waste and keep your kitchen sparkling clean always.